KA1 Youth MultiActivity Green Power
Green Power was a KA1 multiactivity project coordinated by MVNGO and composed of a Training Couse and a Youth Exchange.
Green Power involved a target of social workers, educators and environmental activists as a means to create a shared pattern wherein to pool knowledge and experiences, exchange good practices and usher in a network of Young people actively engaged in green issues.
The project aimed at creating a civic awareness and a greater sensitivity to respect for the environment, working on issues such as:
– Dispersion of youth potential;
– Disinterest and misinformation regarding environmental issues;
– Youth emigration;
From an educational point of view, the following objectives were addressed:
– Encourage flows of knowledge between participants and experts who, through their skills, provided useful information and brought concrete examples of success.
– Increase young people’s awareness of their fundamental role in rural areas. Emphasis was placed on how they should be the protagonists of the process of social transformation towards more sustainable and innovative models from an environmental and employment point of view.
– Enrich the knowledge on the environment and on its social relevance.
The issue of environmental sustainability was addressed under the lens of the creation of new opportunities of employability and entrepreneurship for young people in rural areas.
The two activities of the project were the following:
1. “Green Power” Training Course. The Training Course was implemented in Tempio Pausania between 2 and 10 July 2015, with the involvement of youth workers from Italy, Austria, Greece, Romania, Poland, Slovenia, Spain and Croatia.
2. Youth exchange “Let’s live sustainable!”. The Youth Exchange took place in Uri between 30 March and 7 April 2016 with the participation of young people interested in environmental issues from all partner countries.