KA2 School Inn GIFs
Green Management In Schools For Sustainability
The project GIFs will raise schools’ staff and teachers’ awareness and provide them with knowledge and competences regarding how to put in place green building practices and what are the methodologies that can be used to involve the students into the process of implementation of such practices. Schools’ staff and teachers will acquire some knowledge as well as some methodologies and practices to start a process to turn their school into a green building and become true agents of change.
Start: 01.9.2022 End: 31.08.2024
Project Reference: KA220-SCH
EU Grant: 120.000 EUR
Key Actions: Cooperation partnerships in school education
Action Type: KA220-SCH – Cooperation partnerships in school education
- COLEGIULNATIONAL SPIRUHARET (Coordinator) – Rumania
- Pakruojis “Zemyna”progymnasium – Lithuania
- MINE VAGANTI NGO – Italy
- Nachalno uchilishteTsani Ginchev – Bulgaria
- Özel Filiz AnadoluLisesi – Turkey
The project will present teachers, staff, and youth workers with new approaches to learning and learning methods, digital content, technologies and applications, supportive pedagogy. and didactic approaches.
The target groups of the project are:
1.Schools, staff, teachers, youth workers.
2.Local school pupils, Educational Institutions/bodies, NGO, Youth Centers.
The project’s general objective is to make to support teachers, staff members..etc to implement methodologies in schools about sustainability:
- Provide teachers and schools’ staff members with knowledge regarding green building practices and methodologies on how to implement them in their schools.
- Provide teachers and schools’ staff members with methodologies on how to raise students awareness on green building practices and involve them in the process of implementing them at schools.
- Promote European schools’ cooperation on green building practices. Achievement will help schools and their students to fight against climate change through concrete solutions to be implemented, improve schools’ teachers and staff members competences in green building practices and support them in green education towards their students
APPROACH / METHODOLOGY:
Non-formal education practices will be used for the program design, testing and implementation as experience has proven that it is a great tool to contribute to social promotion and community strengthen due to its cooperative nature (group dynamics are used for the learning process,instead of competitive exercises).
The transnational Project meetings are the following:
Kick-off Meeting (M1)
Hosting: COLEGIULNATIONAL SPIRUHARET
Venue: Tecuci, Romania
Participant: 12, 1 Project Manger and 1 Project Assistant per partner organization.
Mid-Term Transnational Partners Meeting (M12)
Hosting: MVNGO VAGANTI NGO
Venue: Sassari, Italy
Participans: 12, 1 Project Manager and 1 Project Assistant per organization.
Final Evaluation Meeting (M24)
Hosting: Özel Filiz AnadoluLisesi
Venue: Filiz High School, Turkey
Participants: 12, 1 Project Manager and 1 Project Assistant per partners organization
The activities of the project are lead by each partner, as following:
The aims of this activity are Increase participating organisations’ knowledge regarding green building practices through a research phase, create an educational material to raise awareness and increase the knowledge of teachers and schools’ staff member regarding green building practices. Providing teachers and schools’ staff members with knowledge regarding green building practices and methodologies on how to implement them in their schools and promote schools’ cooperation on green building practices.
2-“GUIFs TOOLKIT”– Greece
This part will developed for Co-creation sessions, Joint Staff Training Event: Teachers, schools staff members and trainers will participate to a JSTE where the participants will learn about the tools and methodologies (mobility will last 7 days) and the local activities.
3-GUIFs European School Green Council – Germany
Produce a Green Building Management Strategic Plan, Summit of the ESGC where the members will produce their first Report regarding the green building practices they implemented and the activities and the Social Campaign.