KA2 Ad INN Bioislands
Biodiversity preservation in rural and maritime areas of EU islands
“Biodiversity preservation in rural and maritime areas of EU islands” (BioIslands) project is aimed at preserving biodiversity in the agriculture, pastoralism and fishery sectors, supporting the horizontal priority Environment and fight against climate change. The BioIslands project meets the needs of the partnership in different ways. First thing, all partners individualised a common need in their country of operation. Secondly, all partners of the Consortium have experience in the matter of at least of the main key pillars of the project (i.e. adult learners, NFE, agriculture, pastoralism and fishery, technologies) and participating in the project, through the exchange of knowledge and skills inside the Consortium. Lastly, the Results produced in the project will enable them to enrich the pool of tools/methodologies they own that can be employed with the selected target group but also other targets, due to their versatile feature.
Start: 01-11-2021 – End: 01-11-2023
EU Grant: 150000 EUR
Key Action: KEY ACTION 2: COOPERATION AMONG ORGANISATIONS AND INSTITUTIONS
Action Type: KA220-ADU – Cooperation partnerships in adult education
- Centro pa Desaroyo di Aruba [ARB]
- MINE VAGANTI NGO [IT]
- Caribbean Education and Culture Foundation [NL]
- CSI CENTER FOR SOCIAL INNOVATION LTD [CY]
- Agencija za ruralni Zadarske zupanije [HR]
- SMART IDEA Igor Razbornik s.p. [SI]
Agriculture, forestry and fisheries
Creating new, innovative or joint curricula or courses
Digital content, technologies and practices
Direct Target group:
Farmers, shepherds and fishermen
Indirect target group:
- Adult education providers;
- VET providers;
- NGOs and associations that work with the Adult targe
- To foster biodiversity preservation in rural and maritime areas of European islands;
- To provide an adequate and qualitative learning opportunity for farmers, shepherds and fishermen in biodiversity preservation;
- To develop user-friendly digital instruments that can support farmers, shepherds and fishermen in preserve biodiversity in their daily work.
APPROACH / METHODOLOGY
Digital education addressed and adapted to farmers, shepherds and fishermen for an upskilling process to acquire specific competences and skills.
- 2 Transnational Project Meetings
- Production of the Project Results
- Online International Biodiversity Day
- Multiplier Events
- PR1: E-learning courses, which was developed based on the findings of the Research Report. The e-Learning courses focuses on biodiversity preservation competences applied in agriculture, pastoralism and fishery fields.The e-Learning courses answers the need of farmers,shepherds and fishermen for an up-skill programme on biodiversity preservation in their field of work.
- PR2: Biodiversity Analysis & Strategy section of the platform containing an analysis system of elements and indicators to assess the environmental impact of the area, individualize the presence of alien species as well as providing a specific plan containing suggestion for intervention.