bASic Stem compETences for migrantS
“bASic Stem compETences for migrantS” (ASSETS), is a 24-months Strategic Partnership in the Field of Adult Education, aims at promoting and developing relevant and high-quality skills and competences related to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) for migrants, who pursue to promote their career in relevant job positions, either as employees or self-employed. Moreover, ASSETS promotes social inclusion of migrants in EU countries by empowering them to enter the job market through newly acquired competencies.
Start: 31-12-2020 – End: 30-12-2022
Project Reference: 2020-1-SE01-KA204-077926
EU Grant: 178850 EUR
Key Action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Action Type: Strategic Partnerships for adult education
In order to address migrants’ issue and promote social inclusion, the project objectives are the followings:
- Social inclusion: to support migrants and help them overcome the social exclusion they face daily. Thanks to the acquisition of STEM basic competence, they will feel more qualified and competent in the working environment
- Innovative practices in a digital era: to create an electronic platform to being a reachable platform as well as to be an enriched content-based platform
- Supporting the setting up of and access to upskilling pathways: Migrants will be able to watch videos of the best practices of migrants who have developed a career related to STEM and who have been recruited, using the online training program as a first step to build their career
ASSETS target group involves in the project will be composed by:
- Direct target group: Adult educators, trainers, social workers working with migrants;
- Indirect target group: migrants (aged 21+) who are facing difficulties in terms of access to jobs.
APPROACH / METHODOLOGY
This project is to develop innovative ups-killing paths in STEM for both target groups involved, using an interdisciplinary approach.
Activities to be carried out during the project:
Joint Staff Training Event: total of 30 participants (5 per country partner) with the following profile: adult educators, trainers, social workers.
Multiplier Event: at least 35 participants
IO 1: “Migrants and STEM” Training Format
IO 2: “Enhancing migrants through STEM competence” platform