KA2: Strategic Partnerships in the Youth Sector
Duration: 24 months
Coordinator: EUROPEAN PROFESSIONALS NETWORK (Belgium)
The project “League for Youth Entrepreneurship” aims at building competitive knowledge-based societies, through the development of young people’s entrepreneurial potential and creativity competencies. The project intends to offer a valuable solution against youth unemployment by creating specific paths for enhancing such abilities and building up youths’ entrepreneurial mindsets and capacities. The project will encourage cross-sectorial partnership and cooperation at international level, by linking the institutional environment of NGOs with educational institutions and other types of educational providers, in view of operating quality improvements in the fields of education, training and youth.
The primary target group of the project are the young people, NEETs and those with fewer opportunities. Special emphasis will be placed on young people facing social, geographical and financial difficulties in order to involve them in local youth work events, in international activities and training programs.
The KA2 Youth project “League for Youth Entrepreneurship” aims at building young people’s entrepreneurial potential and creativity competencies
The gap between education and employment widens, and the magnitude of change in the unemployment rates varies by youth educational attainment. While bound up with the legacy of the economic crisis the spill-over costs of the social failure in providing quality education, decent employment and social protection, could cause serious burden on the European society. The increased number of graduating students with formally recognised qualifications but poor opportunities for professional realisation in their field of competences has created a high percentage of unemployed young people. This project is aimed to address the issue of youth unemployment.
The 24 months project will combine various local activities with international learning mobility opportunities for youth workers, staff members and youth as direct target groups. It will involve 7 partner institutions from 7 European countries. By aggregating their experience, knowledge and competencies, a powerful insight and constellation of resources will be procured, since the project will work on a trans-national issue, which needs to be addressed not only on national but also at European level.
The project will operate a steady multi-stakeholder partnership and will deliver added value at European level at three performance areas:
– network building
– fostering mutual learning and harmonisation in and beyond Europe
– pooling international resources to provide for greater scope and outreach of the results achieved. The project proposal represents as well the next phase of development of youth support and institutions capability to meet the need of youth community for quality knowledge and career pathway opportunities. It will support reciprocal relationships and cross-sectoral collaboration, so as to bring focused range of educational and training services and relevant career development opportunities.
Overall the objectives of the project are:
• To promote entrepreneurial ideas through extra-curricular activities and courses in view of increasing innovation capacity and opportunistic mindset of potential youth entrepreneurs;
• To embed innovative approach towards entrepreneurship in the field of education through mainstreaming the development of entrepreneurial awareness and behaviour;
• To encourage youth to take part in entrepreneurial education in view of developing such mindsets and stimulate them to better engage in entrepreneurial actions
• To enhance innovative and market-oriented entrepreneurial spirit among young people
• To demonstrate the benefits of multidisciplinary and multiprofessional educational approaches by the development of intellectual outputs
• To encourage the development of a multilevel cross-sectorial system that fosters entrepreneurial learning through other than formal educational means and especially through direct involvement of youth in entrepreneurial activities.
– local actions
– mobility activities
– working on Production of deliverables
O1. Preparation of training Module During
O2. Edit of training Guide
O3. Platform elaboration and launch.