Rural and Regional Libraries as Local Family Entrepreneurship Centers
Project Code: KA204-BFD8152B
EU Grant: 168.656,00 EUR
Key Action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Action Type: Strategic Partnerships for adult education
Coordinating Organization: Sabiedriba Ar Ierobezotu Atbildibu – Latvia
- Universitaet Padeborn – Germany,
- Gradsja Knjiznica Rijeka – Croatia ,
- Mine Vaganti NGO – Italy ,
- Jelgava City Library – Latvia,
- Dion Olympus Municipality – Greece
Project dates: 01-10-2020 – 31-05-2022
The project will promote (teach) entrepreneurship in non-urban regions, putting special focus on promotion on family business creation and will use regional and rural libraries as a platform to reach people living regional and rural areas. Using their information, technology, human, resource and networking opportunities regional and rural libraries can be of benefit for the development of local entrepreneurship, innovations and the economic activity of local society.
Events and Project target groups:
- Kick-off meeting: Transnational Projects Meeting
- Partner meeting #2: Transnational Projects Meeting
- Partner Meeting #3: Transnational Projects Meeting
- Short-term joint staff training events: Librarians – Entrepreneurship mentors
- Final Meeting: Transnational Projects Meeting
Target Group: Adults from rural and marginalized areas
IO 1: E-learning module on Entrepreneurship for usage in Libraries
IO 2: Mentoring methodology and e-learning course module for librarians
Project objectives/is supportive of the identified priorities as follows:
- Development and implementation of innovative practices of teaching Entrepreneurship to people living in regional and rural areas.
- Increase sense of initiative and entrepreneurship among people living in regional and rural areas.
- Develop a system where libraries serve as a centres for rural entrepreneurship development.
More info about the project: