SPETWES aims at enhancing inclusion in Sport of women and girls, by delivering toolsets targeting sports organisations to motivate and support women’s participation in Sport as Athletes and Coaches.
Project partnership is composed of Sport clubs from 3 partner countries (Italy, Bulgaria and Greece) with direct and long-standing experience in female Sport.
The actions integrated in SPETWES contribute directly to enhancing the rate of retention of young women in Sport practice and Coaching professions through transnational cooperation.
Start: 01-01-2021 – End: 31-12-2022
Project Reference: 622225-EPP-1-2020-1-IT-SPO-SSCP
EU Grant: 48310 EUR
Key Action: Sport
Action Type: Small Collaborative Partnership
Promote education in and through sport with special focus on skills development
Support gender equality in sport
Support continued participation of women in sports as Athletes and Coaches
1) Young women aged 16-25 initiating a pattern of participation in Sport as Athletes ;
2) Young women aged 18-25 established members of Sport organisations seeking to develop as Coaches and working regularly with
Comprehensive approach for the creation of inclusive settings in sports; focus groups; co-design of tailored programmes for local trainings targeting female athletes inside the organisations.
APPROACH / METHODOLOGY
Comprehensive approach for the creation of inclusive settings in sports; focus groups; co-design of tailored programmes for local trainings targeting female athletes
Activities integrated in the project are:
1) Analysis of educational needs and motivational barriers faced by women in sports
2) Analysis and reporting on existing good practices of training and motivational support to young female Athletes and prospective Coaches within Sport organisations, combined with the findings of national focus groups.
3) Local Training Courses with prospective female Sport Coaches aged 18-25 (1 Training Course involving 3 female potential Coaches per country), based on a Toolkit transnationally developed by partners based on research.
4) Co-design of educational format for young female Athletes focused on supporting acquisition of motivation, soft and transversal skills for continued participation in Sport.
5) Local programmes delivered by partners with the audience of female beginner Athletes aged 16-25 (5 per country) with the cooperation of prospective female Sport Coaches.
6) Creation of a Manual
7) Development of a Web Platform