CP BIG SPORT SPORT4RULES
Sharing positive values through the enhancement of the referee’s role
The collaboration established in the framework of the project “SPORT for RULES -Sharing positive values through the enhancement of the referee’s role” aims at facing the challenges present at different sport levels. The project actions target the valorisation of the referee as the subject responsible for the control of the game and important to guarantee respect to wards the rules and the players’ safety. The referee, as such, is present in every sport, although he/she is often victim of violence and disrespect on behalf of players, coaches and audience. The theme of violence is one of the most urgent challenges in sport, one that is necessary to overcome, as stated by the Erasmus+ Programme Guide, by modifying the way people approach themselves to sport in order to scatter the phenomenon of violence, which is present throughout Europe and within every sporting disciplines lines, even though perceived with different intensity.
Start: 01.01.2021 – End: 30.06.2022
Project Reference: ?
EU Grant: €257.357 (Maximum Grant Awarded)
Key Actions: Cooperation partnerships
Action Type: Coperation Partnership in Sport
- Italian Volleyball Federation (FIPAV), Italy (Coordinator)
- Bulgarian Ministry of Youth and Sport (BMYS), Bulgary
- International Federation for Sports Officials (IFSO), Netherlands
- Olympic Committee of Bosnia and Herzegovina (OCBH), Bosnia
- Turkish Volleyball Federation (TVF), Turkey
- Italian Tennis Federation (ITF), Italy
- French Basketball Federation (FBF), France
- University of Seville (US), Spain
Fighting violence, discrimination, racism and intolerance in sports: the role of referees.
The project wants to engage the two worlds of education and sport in actions destined to different target groups (young people, teachers, schools, federations, sport association, referees and their representative organizationons, policy makers, audience).
- Promoting the culture of non- violence in sport and in society, given its ability to influence people at social level and act as catalyst for virtuous behaviour and initiatives;
- Fostering young people’s participation in sport with specific reference to voluntary activities, given their capacity to influence the development of both personal and professional skills;
- Establishing a fruitful collaboration among different sports disciplines and different sectors, capable of proposing shared solutions to common problems and creating an exchange of approaches and practices.
APPROACH / METHODOLOGY:
It will be developed according to a methodology that will follow certain planning steps based on the entire described project:
- comparison and planning of work and tasks with respect to each single output;
- work plan monitoring for each output, carried out by the referent organization;
- accurate division of tasks and responsibilities among the different professional figures involved in the project;
- constant involvement by each partner organization of target groups within and outside one’s ownnational territory (given the capacity of the organizations involved to reach interested parties, also on an international scale);
- development of training and sharing of the Intellectual Outputs in order to transmit the methodology implemented and the achieved results. The goal is to provide tools so that all the materials created can be adapted and used within different contexts;
- evaluation of the Intellectual Outputs and the Multiplier Events in order to obtain useful feedback to integrate the work performed on behalf of the partner organizations, in a constant process of reviewand improvement;
- monitoring and evaluation activities concerning the entire project action, aimed at controlling its progress and effectiveness. Therefore, impact indicators have been indentified to ensure theeffectiveness of the proposed actions, in the medium and long term.
Output number 1,
Output’s title, and type:“ Become a referee! Training Programme for schools”(Educational Model).
Leading organization:French Basketball Federation.
Description: Recreational- training programme, for primary and middle school students, in order to combine sports training with the concepts of respect for rules to counteract violence in sport and fair play. The Output will be an educational model consisting of a real training programme that will be adaptable by schools at European level.
Output number 2,
Output’s title, and type: Training Programme for teachers (How to implement the Educational Model-IO1)Leading organization: University of Seville.
Description:Teaching material for physical education teachers for theimplementation of the recreational-training program referred to the Intellectual Output 1. In the Output will be created practical videos, printed materials and online training materials.
Output number 3 ,
Output’s title, and type: Mentoring Programme for Wannabe Referees (Recruitment and Involvement Programme)
Leading organization: International Federation for Sports Officials.
Description:Mentoring program for young referees of different disciplines with the aim of motivating them and supporting their career progression. The results of the Output will be a recruitment campaign, which can be adapted by the federations of all sports and an introduction training for first- time referees.
Output number 4,
Output’s title, and type: soft skills training for referees (Training Programme)
Leading organization:University of Seville.
Description: Development of a specific training for the referees, based on the transmission of skills and abilities that are transversal to the figure of the referee as interpreted within different sports disciplines. The Output will consists of a training focused on providing referees with competences that are not strictly related to the rules of the games, but soft skills intrinsic to the job itself.
Output number 5,
Output’s title, and type: Against Violence Good practices (Guide to peer-to- peer learning).
Leading organization:Olympic Committee of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Description: Collection of good practices related to the project theme and developed by organizations and associations related to different sports disciplines. The Output will contain virtuous examples of contracting violence in sport and in general. The materials will be usedby the targeted audience given the need to use this output both as training tool and as tool to invo lve political decision- makers.
Output number 6,
Output’s title, and type:Referees against violence in sport (Information and Dissemination Campaign-Handbook).
Leading Organization:Italian Volleyball Federation.
Description: Information and dissemination campaign on the role of the referee in sport and the creation of a Handbook for different types of users, designed to convey, through the referee example, the culture of respect and non – violence in sports. The Output will consist of an online campaign and a Handbook intended for different types of recipients which will appear as a sort of behavioral regulation of the participants.
TRANSNATIONAL PROJECT MEETINGS:
Hosting: Italian Volleyball Federation
Venue: Rome (Italy)
Number of national participants: 7
Intermediate Project Meeting 1:
Hosting: Bulgarian Ministry of Youth and Sport
Venue: Bulgaria (Sofia)
Number of national participants: 5
Intermediate Project Meeting 2:
Hosting: Olympic Commitee of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Venue: Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Number of national participants: 3
Final Project Meeting:
Hosting: Croatian Volleyball Federation
Venue: Croatia (Zagreb)
Number of national participants: 3