Project Title: PRomotIng Open Resilient Inclusive socieTies for Youth (PRIORITY)
Project code: 604571-EPP-1-2018-1-DE-EPPKA3-IPI-SOC-IN
Grant: 394.310 €
Key Action: Support for policy reform
Action Type: Social inclusion through education, training and youth
Coordinator: JUGEND-& KULTURPROJEKT EV [DE]
Partners: Mine Vaganti NGO [IT] KAINOTOMIA & SIA EE [GR] MV INTERNATIONAL [IT] ASSIST SOFTWARE SRL [RO] CENTRO PER LO SVILUPPO CREATIVO DANILO DOLCI [IT]
Duration: 11/01/2019 – 30/01/2022
PRIORITY: PRomotIng Open Resilient Inclusive socieTIes for Youth is an innovative 36 months project that involves 4 countries and 6 organizations such as youth organizations and networks, cultural and sports organizations, training centres, as well as private and public entities and has as aim to increase the capacities of the organizations that work with youth to invest in prevention by removing breeding grounds for radicalisation and act as forces of inclusion, to empower young people from disadvantaged groups to engage, participate democratically and drive positive change in communities, through the use innovative methods and practices coming from the combination of youth work, training, cultural mediation and sports fields.
- Youth Workers, youth leaders, educators and trainers, sports educators, cross cultural mediators and municipal youth workers that work with young people and especially with young people with migrant or refugee background
- Young people in general and especially young people that face the risk of social exclusion (young people of migrant or refugee background, newly arrived young migrants or refugees)
- to involve and train first-line practitioners on the ground: they will be the first point of contact for young individuals at risk of marginalization and radicalization.
- to design innovative methods and solutions of multi-agency, multi-disciplinary cooperation from the combination of existing practices in the fields of youth work, education training as well as sports and culture mediation fields in order to foster the social inclusion of disadvantaged youth at risk of marginalization.
- to develop, test and upscale safe inclusion youth environments named “PRIORITY Hubs” with a bottom – up approach and youth initiative that will be based on cross sectoral cooperation of local stakeholders that support youth inclusion with tailor-made activities/ interventions adapted to local circumstances.
IO1: Research Report and analysis of best practices.
The research report contains data analysis on the integration of newly arrived migrants and/or refugees, information on the themes of prevention of marginalization and radicalization of young people with specific focus on newly arrived migrants and/or refugees, in local/regional, national and EU level. It also include a list of examples of existing best practices and participating organizations’ own best practices.
IO2: Physical and Online Priority Hubs.
The Online PRIORITY Hubs are complementary to the onsite PRIORITY Hubs. The online priority hubs are developed within the project’s website and its users can create their own profile, reach the project’s material, and educational content, propose activities, discuss with the other participants, upload their own creative content, give their feedback on practices and tools.
IO3: PRIORITY Methodology.
This Methodology compiles a substantial and comprehensive collection of key resources that can be transferred and adapted in any contexts, with the long-term purpose of supporting the process of inclusion and counteracting the one of marginalisation and radicalisation. PRIORITY Methodology is a Guide on how to address the challenge of integration through the cross-sectoral combination of voluntary and collaborative art-making, cross-cultural, youth and sport activities.
The PRIORITY Toolkit proposes to use arts, culture and sports to break social boundaries and facilitate the social inclusion of marginalised young people with migratory backgrounds. The Toolkit provides useful step-by-step instructions on planning and running specific workshops meant to ensure a meaningful participation and fair treatment of everyone in society.
IO5: How to PRIORITISE – Interactive E-book.
IO6: E-Learning Platform.
- 6 Transnational Meetings involving partners’ staff;
- Capacity building activities for youth workers, trainers, educators, youth leaders, NGO members, volunteers, policy makers, teachers, cultural mediators, sports educators on the major issues on the causes of marginalization and violent extremism of young people and their prevention.
- Youth Inclusion Workshops and Events with young people connected with the European Year of Culture: synergies with cultural heritage organisations, representing the living arts (music, dance, theatre, storytelling).
- PRIORITY Young Mediators Capacity Building training at local level for young people willing to become young mediators (among them there will be also young people from disadvantaged groups such as young people of migrant and refugee background.
- Two Multiplier events.
Project Mobile APP: https://priority-project.eu/priority-mobile-applications/
For additional information please check the Project Website: https://priority-project.eu/
Kick-Off Meeting in Germany
Capacity Building Activity in Greece
Transnational Partners Meeting in Greece
Capacity Building Activity in Italy