KA205–Strategic Partnerships for Youth
TITLE: INTERcultural Dialogue to Empower Minorities (Inter-Dem)
DURATION: 24 months (01-02-2020/ 31-01-2022)
Coordinator: ASOCIACION JUVENIL INTERCAMBIA- (Spain)
Partner: MV INTERNATIONAL (Italy)
Partner: NGO NEST BERLIN EV (Germany)
Intercultural Dialogue to Empower Minorities” (INTER-DEM) is a Strategic Partnership, focused on promoting peaceful interaction, mutual discovery and tolerance between natives and ethnic minorities youth through training young people in becoming potential Youth Digital Activists, in promoting intercultural dialogue in micro-realities through and in New Media Channels.
In the “Data collection in the field of ethnicity” (2017) issued by the European Commission, it is underlined that “Racial, ethnic and national origin, minority religion, language and cultural traditions have not been clearly distinguished in law, but are instead recognized as intrinsically interlinked. In its Advisory Opinion n. 17, the Permanent Court of International Justice stated that a (minority) community is “a group of persons living in a given country or locality, having a race, religion, language and traditions of their own and united by this identity of race, religion, language and traditions in a sentiment of solidarity, with a view to preserving their traditions, maintaining their form of worship, ensuring the instruction and upbringing of their children in accordance with the spirit and traditions of their race and rendering mutual assistance to each other”.
The necessity of setting the conditions for youth awareness about racism and discrimination as well as of the active contrast thereof in the field of youth is stressed by the European Youth Strategy, which sets the objective of supporting the development of cultural awareness and the contrast of prejudice among the youth.
INTER-DEM is focused on promoting peaceful interaction, mutual discovery and tolerance between natives and ethnic minorities youth through training young people
The outcomes of Inter-Dem would be Research report containing statistics and needs regarding ethnic minority youths in matter of social inclusion in participating partner countries.
– Toolkit containing existent best practices and employed workshop on Social Media Communication, Social Activism Campaigning, Digital Storytelling
– Blog created by the participants during the first mobility which will be the diary of their shared educational learning journey.
– 4 Digital Storytelling products created during the second mobility.
– 4 National and 1 International Social Campaigns launched during the third mobility.
– Research and identification of European good practices in contrasting radicalization and prejudice towards national ethnic minorities among young people through the Digital Intercultural Dialogue;
– Selection of a cluster of 8 young people per partner organization (4 natives and 4 from ethnic minorities) to take part in the process of educational empowerment delivered in the project.
– Implementation of 4 Blended Youth Mobilities (1 per partner country) wherein partners will develop the knowledge, skills and competences of selected youngsters in employing Social Media Communication, Social Activism Campaigning, Digital Storytelling and Digital Educational Tools as methodologies/instruments for contrasting phenomena of racism and discrimination as well as spreading positive values of inclusion and tolerance among their peers as well as the overall Social Community.