The project aims to enhance the development of volunteering in the partner countries by assisting youngsters to maximise their potential through the provision of high-quality volunteer management education, training and exchange activities. The problem addressed within the project refers to the poor development of youth volunteering at the level of partner countries. Even though all the partners’ organizations are active in the field of youth volunteering, there are still some struggles that need to be approached.
The project answers the following priorities:
Promoting quality youth work – staff involved in youth sector from the partner’s organizations will participate in volunteer management training course to be able to recruit, train and motivate volunteers thus, providing a robust structure for them to work within.
Promoting empowerment – activities addressed to youngsters will develop and promote their active participation and will foster volunteering among them, through the activities carried out the young people will be empowered – will gain confidence in their own forces, will become aware of their role in local/national/international development, develop their willingness to act and take responsibility, young people develop their civic skills and active participation.
The project strengthens cross-sectorial cooperation, allowing for greater synergies across all fields of actions concerning young people as it involves organizations and institutions from different sectors.
– Research on best practices across different models of youth volunteering in different sectors ( NGO, businesses…), involving the following thematic areas: Volunteer management programs, Youth Volunteering contexts, Volunteer recognition, Networking, National Policies
– Training activities for staff involved in youth sector from the partner’s organizations in volunteer management training course to develop knowledge and skills to recruit, train and motivate volunteers thus, providing a robust structure for them to work within.
– Youth exchanges involving youngsters and aiming to get better understanding of the importance of volunteering and developing new knowledge and skills useful in achieving social and personal changes
– During the implementation of the project, the Consortium developed the following website www.linkvolunteers.org. It aims to foster direct access to volunteer management processes by youngsters, youth operators and organizations all over the world.
It is a learning resource for young people and organizations interested in Volunteering.
The following topics are adressed:
• Planning for Volunteer Involvement;
• Volunteer Recruitment and Selection;
• Day-to-Day Management of Volunteers;
• Train the Volunteer;
• Events, trainings and other opportunities for: youth professionals as well as for young volunteers coming from worldwide organizations.