Erasmus+ Key Action 2 – Strategic Partnership in the youth sector
Work Based learning – the entrance to the professional future
PROJECT WEBSITE: http://work-basedlearning.eu/
PROJECT DATES: 01/03/2019 – 01/08/2020
Organizations actively involved in the youth sector have specified various problems related to the stagnating youth unemployment tendency in Europe. Observing the official data and statistics since years and analyzing them, the project idea has been born and developed since a lack of professional/vocational competences in accordance with the needs of the labor market has been detected.
Moreover, problems connected with skills mismatch, as well as a lack of entrepreneurial spirit and life skills education are some of the issues identified and often faced by youth while trying to gain positions in the job market. Therefore, the necessity to react and provide solutions regarding those issues seems urgent because the transition from education to work becomes more and more difficult for the young people nowadays. As a committed organization within the field of international learning mobility, Horizon ProConsult Ltd has decided to undertake action in order to bring its contribution to the current situation.
Work Based Learning aims at creating youth-centered empowering environment for enabling young people to undergo WBL mobility
The partnership aims at offering and exchanging expertise in terms of creation of empowering environment for work based learning mobility, and thus will seek to provoke a long term impact for securing a positive future for the young people living in the EU community. The current project aims at creating youth-centered empowering environment for enabling young people to undergo WBL mobility and promotes holistic approach for fostering youth employability by bridging non-formal, formal education and labor market sectors, contributing to the creation of long term multi-level cross-sectorial networking and cooperation.
The following project objectives have been specified in view of bringing positive solutions to the described situation:
- To build up competences of youth workers to become leaders of WBL empowering environment and to create strategies that promote WBL mobility as a complementary educational path in order to boost employability of young people
- To foster cooperation exchange of knowledge and capacity development in the field of work based mobility between the partner countries
- To create and reinforce synergies between formal and non formal educational sectors as well as labour market so as to set up a favouring environment for cross-sectorial cooperation in view of enhancing youth employability
- To provide youth organizations with guidance and tools for bridging sectors in view of creation of empowering setting for work based learning
- To create conditions and support the development of cross-sectorial networking on EU level thus set up a space for creation of new work based learning mobility opportunities and their accessibility for young people
- To encourage the development of a multilevel cross-sectorial system that concretely fosters learning through other than formal educational means and especially through direct involvement in working practical assignments and activities
– Kick-off Meeting – April 2018, Venue: Sofia, Bulgaria;
– Training seminar regarding building up competences and expertise of youth workers in terms of creation of empowering environment for WBL mobility opportunities – June 2019, Venue: Zaragoza, Spain;
– Local work phase – specific meetings with youth with fewer opportunities and NEETs and with Stakeholders;
– Mid-Term Evaluation Meeting – November 2019, Venue: Larissa, Greece
– Empowering seminar on how to support best implementation of WBL schemes, best practice sharing and drafting recommendations – Feb 2020, Venue: Sofia, Bulgaria;
– Final Evaluation Meeting – July 2020, Venue: Sassari, Italy.
You can find more information in this PDF about Work Based Learning