PRIORITY: PRomotIng Open Resilient Inclusive socieTIes for Youth is an innovative 36 months project that involves 4 countries and 5 organizations such as youth organizations and networks, cultural and sports organizations, training centres, as well as private and public entities and has as aim to increase the capacities of the organizations that work with youth to invest in prevention by removing breeding grounds for radicalisation and act as forces of inclusion, to empower young people from disadvantaged groups to engage, participate democratically and drive positive change in communities, through the use innovative methods and practices coming from the combination of youth work, training, cultural mediation and sports fields.
PRIORITY has two main target groups:
- Youth Workers, youth leaders, educators and trainers, sports educators, cross cultural mediators and municipal youth workers that work with young people and especially with young people with migrant or refugee background
- Young people in general and especially young people that face the risk of social exclusion (young people of migrant or refugee background, newly arrived young migrants or refugees)
The specific PRIORITY objectives are:
- to involve and train first-line practitioners on the ground: they will be the first point of contact for young individuals at risk of marginalization and radicalization.
- to design innovative methods and solutions of multi-agency, multi-disciplinary cooperation from the combination of existing practices in the fields of youth work, education training as well as sports and culture mediation fields in order to foster the social inclusion of disadvantaged youth at risk of marginalization.
- to develop, test and upscale safe inclusion youth environments named “PRIORITY Hubs” with a bottom – up approach and youth initiative that will be based on cross sectoral cooperation of local stakeholders that support youth inclusion with tailor-made activities/ interventions adapted to local circumstances.
Activities of PRIORITY will be:
- Capacity building activities for youth workers, trainers, educators, youth leaders, NGO members, volunteers, policy makers, teachers, cultural mediators, sports educators on the major issues on the causes of marginalization and violent extremism of young people and their prevention.
- PRIORITY Toolkit: Identification and selection of best practices in the field of sports and cross-cultural mediation field for the prevention of marginalization and violent extremism of young people, and development of blended best practices manual with the combination of the above methodologies.
- Creation of pilot physical/onsite and online/virtual PRIORITY Hubs at local level where all sectors (e.g. schools, municipal services, sports / cultural clubs, communities, NGO’s) surrounding young people including their families can come together and discuss issues that concern them, seek guidance and establish contacts.
- Events with young people connected with the European Year of Culture: synergies with cultural heritage organisations, representing the living arts (music, dance, theatre, storytelling).
- Joint E-COURSE course designed for:
-educators, trainers, youth workers, teachers, sport educators and cultural mediators, on the themes of prevention of radicalization and violent extremism of young people with the use of PRIORITY Methodology on Sports and Culture Mediation, Youth Work and non-formal education.
– young people willing to become young mediators (among them there will be also young people from disadvantaged groups such as young people of migrant and refugee background.