Learning through Sports
“Learning through Sports” (LTS) is an 18-months trans-continental Capacity Building in the Field of Youth project that aims to develop, test and spread innovative sports tools, that build-up soft skills in youth. The project is coordinated by Champions Factory LTD and is involving sport youth organisations from Peru (Brigada Voluntarios Bolivarianos de Peru), Colombia (Fundacion Grupo Internacional de Paz y Desarrollo), Brazil (Fundacao Gol de Letra), Bulgaria (Champions Factroy Sports Club), United Kingdom (Champions Factory LTD) and Romania (Asociatia Liber la Educatie, Cutura si Sport).
“LTS” is focused on the topic Juvenile delinquency (the participation in illegal behaviour by juvenile delinquents) and on how youth organisations are the key to tackle and prevent this phenomenon and provide better living standards to all young people. The partners also believe in the power of sports to do so, because the sport is a universal language, a cost-effective and flexible tool in promoting peace, personal and social development.
– to foster the cooperation and exchange of good practices between youth organisations
– to improve the quality and recognition of youth work by developing, testing and spreading innovative “Learning through sports” tutorials for youth workers who will gain cultural competences about how to prevent youth crime by using the power of sport
– to improve soft skills in youngsters, who are experiencing crime, participating in crime or are at risk of experiencing crime by involving them in trans-national non-formal learning mobility
– to raise awareness of the use sports as a powerful tool to reach out youth.
These objectives will be reached by implementing the following interrelated and interconnected activities during the project: Kick-Off Meeting, Job Shadowing, Training of Trainers, Youth Exchange, Closing Meeting and Awareness Raising Campaign.
From these activities innovative tangible outcomes will be generated such as: video interview with famous sportsmen and an YouTube Channel where online video tutorials of learning through sports tools will be uploaded so that participants can acquire distance study methods. These outcomes, together with Facebook project page and website, will be useful for dissemination activities and for enhancing the sustainability of the project, reach and impact the target groups and legitimise the work the partner organisations.
LTS expects to create a positive impact on:
– youngsters who will learn from Sports values like fairness, discipline, team building, respect and friendship. Also, they raise inter-cultural dialogue and gain soft skills – essential for their good performance both at work and in daily life
– youth workers who will be equipped with essential skills, tools and non-formal education methods for the effective promotion of methods for learning through sport in their daily work with youth
– relevant stakeholders (local municipalities, NGOs, private and public bodies, educational istitutions) who will be aware of the youth criminality phenomenon in their local society and they will actively participate to prevent it by giving their active contribution.