Languages for European Niche Tourism (LENT)
“Languages for European Niche Tourism” (LENT) is a Strategic Partnership in the field of VET coordinated by the German organization Comparative Research Network (CRN). The Consortium of partners, comprising MVNGO, counts 7 organizations from Germany, UK, Greece, Portugal, Turkey, Italy and Spain.
The project intends to support niche tourism sectors in undertaking early stage Language Learning and improve their ability to speak to their customers, improve customer satsfaction and spend. The project focuses on hard to learn and emerging tourism languages allowing smaller companies free, open access to tourism specific language material in 14 languages, providing audio and text-based vocabulary.
In the frame of LENT, partners will develop the following Intellectual Outputs:
1) A “Core Language Vocabulary” in written and audio format containing core tourism language as defined by Sector experts.
2) A “Specialist Language Vocabulary”, containing a vocabulary, both written and audio, composed of a combination of 600 words which can be translated in any of the 14 languages.
3) A “Web and Mobile Language Application”, containing the two sets of words and phrases and allowing any-way translation between any of the 14 languages identified as being priority to support the tourism niche sectors growth
LENT foresees the following meetings aimed at exchanging best practices and streamlining the production of project outputs throughout the 30 months of the cooperation:
– Kick.off Meeting (Berlin, October 2017)
– Partners’ Meeting 1 (Valencia, February 2018)
– Partners’ Meeting 3 (Chania, July 2018)
– Partners’ Meeting 4 (Izmir, December 2018)
– Partners’ Meeting 5 (Arcos de Valdevez, June 2019)
– Partners’ Meeting 6 (Sassari, October 2019)
– Final Meeting (Berliin, February 2020)