MVNGO Sport Branch
Mine Vaganti NGO has always been very active in Sport, being also member of the global network International Sport and Culture Association (ISCA) since 2012.
ISCA is a global network of NGOs organizations and Sport clubs working in the field of Sport for All. MVNGO has always been working in Sport for All, using Sport in combination with Non Formal Education methodologies (Education through Sport methodology).
The use of Sport in combination with NFE methodologies as an educational instrument of youth/adults/NEET/Migrants inclusion is therefore one of MVNGO’s key areas of expertise.
MVNGO followed-up on its achievements in this field by establishing a specialized Sport Branch in 2012. MVNGO’s Sport Branch is presently composed of 5 active members, among whom are 2 international professionals.
The aim of MVNGO Sport Branch is to support and improve the use of NFE and Sport, in combination, as a tool for education, social inclusion, mutual understanding, entrepreneurial development, leadership etc.
MVNGO Sport Branch’s professionals would like to further develop knowledge and competences in youth/adult/sport workers around the world, on the following areas:
− Principles of NFE Sports tools
− New teaching methods and tools on education through sport
− Sport Management competences
MVNGO Sport Branch has successfully implemented the following projects since 2012:
- 2012: Youth in Action Youth Exchange “ExSport ME Import Us”: Sport values, health.
- 2012: European Youth Foundation “Inclusive Sport in Sardinia: Sport as a tool for inclusion, Pilot Activity.
- 2013: Youth in ActionProgramm: TC “Inclusive Sport for All”, Sport as an educational tool.
- 2013: Youth in ActionProgramme, “Two Islands One Move” Youth Exchange related to The European Move Week 2013, Exchange of good practices between islands.
- 2013: GrundtvigProgramme In Training Service “Education and Sport for All”, Sport as an educational tool.
- 2014: Large Scale Project “Fill My Value Backpack” (FMVB),supported and co-financed by MVNGO Sport Branch, which took part in a work-visit to Kenya. FMVB is organized by a non-formal group of young people, who arwilling to implement ‘NFE through Sport’ classes to children from deprived areas.
- 2014: Move Week Sassari 2014 a Sport event which involved more than 1000 people in the Parco di Bunnari. The event was part of the European Campaign Now We Move, promoted by ISCA.
- 2014: Erasmus+ Programme Youth in Action TC “Education for All” in Marrakech,Sport as an educational tool.
- 2015 Coordinator Erasmus Plus Capacity Building Youth, “Inclusion Through Sport” (ITS):Sport & Non Formal Education in 4 Continents and 12 countries with sharing of best practice and production of Format TC and Handbook: ITS involves 12 countries from 4 continents. The project aims at exploring the role of Sport as an educational vehicle to promote youth social inclusion, community values and respect of diversity. ITS is a success-case in Sport education providing MVNGO (designer, applicant and coordinator of the proposal) with managerial, logistical and methodological experience.
- 2016: Partnership on the Collaborative Partnership, “European Everyday of Sport”. The project aims at exploring good practices related to promoting the social and healthy development value of Sport and physical activity, with a particular focus on previous editions of the European Week of Sport, as a means to produce and promote tools for different professional groups targeted at motivating more people to do Sports in everyday life. The project will create a set of Web-based resources (Educational Platform and Android/IPhone application) targeted at improving good governance in the Sport field as well as an innovative network of professionals.
- 2016: Coordinator Erasmus Plus Collaborative Partnership,“Young Ambassador for Sport and Volunteering” aimed at disseminating the Education Through Sport methodology in Europe, which MVNGO coordinates after the renounciation of the original Danish coordinating Sport Club. The project, lasting a total 24 months, aims at promoting volunteering in Sport, equal opportunities and awareness of the importance of healthy lifestyle through increased participation in sport for all. The main work phases, dedicated to local actions, are related to the promotion of sport culture and raising awareness about the importance of being physically active, and the promotion of volunteering, its values and its benefits for society. In addition, as final output the project will create an online platform which will gather all tangible results, best practices shared and indications for fellow organizations and stakeholders.